Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Three Things

First of all, I love food. Second, I love running. Third, I love to eat food after running. Just thought I'd share.

Now that we got that out of the way, I must share a few {more} things.

Number One:

French Toast is good with cottage cheese, une banana y chia seeds. Yum. I was skeptical of the combination, but after seeing it done on my favorite blog, I decided to give it a whirl.



For my French toast I used one egg and maybe a quarter cup of almond milk, a half teaspoon of vanilla and a couple shakes of cinnamon. Voila. Oh and use the super hearty healthy wheaty bread. It makes a difference.

Next thing.
I love granola bars. I hate how expensive they are. Because of this, I'm not trying out new snack things that I can make at home. This weeks trial was peanut butter energy bites, inspired by my favorite blog.




The original recipe calls for wheat germ, but alas I had none. SO, here's what ended up actually happening:

1 cup Natural Peanut Butter
1 Egg
1 t. vanilla
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 c. stevia


Preheat oven to 350.
Mix all your stuff in a bowl.
Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 11-13 minutes.
When you take them out of the oven, give em a gently smoosh with a fork.
I've got mine in the fridge to munch through out the week..

Tasty tasty! Especially with that "apple a day."

Last but not least...
I think I'm finally ready to say that I'll be {attempting}training for my first full marathon starting July 2nd. I have been a self proclaimed runner for about 10 years now. I've done two half marathons and I want to do a full marathon before babies enter the picture. There's a marathon in Albquerque, NM in late October. I want to do this one for several reasons:
1. My mom ran this race back in the 80's.
2. It's in October so it'll be cool
3. Plenty of training time.

The training program I selected is for a "rookie," which I am. It'll be a helpful guide to get me through the 16 weeks before show time.

It has never been a goal of mine to run a marathon. Never... Recently I learned I'm a goal chaser. In school I was an over-achiever. Now that I'm all graduated and grown up, I need new things to chase. Also, I just think it would be neat to say, "yeah. I've run a marathon. nbd." AND, everyone loves a race shirt. Wish me luck.

I plan on building a stellar running ensemble. One piece WILL be this hoodie.



No comments:

Post a Comment