Friday, November 5, 2010

I heart Utah

So this is my cute little house that I'll be so fortunate to move into in December. It's right in downtown Salt Lake a few blocks west of the Capital. It is so precious and so very very me. I can't wait to move in and start my life in the big city :) Oh, and my roommate is awesome. I'll introduce you all to her when I move, I'm sure!

I know I love to see the temple, but do you? This remarkable building, and all the glorious things that go with it, are only a few blocks away from my super cute yellow house. When I move I want to make it a personal goal to visit the temple at least once a week and I sure hope to frequent the Mormon Tabernacle Choir rehearsals on Thursday nights, too. Wonderful. Wonderful. Wonderful.
As many know, I took a different journey to Utah this last weekend. I got to hang out with my bff, Zant, and my future roommate, Tyra. I also got to tour the city a bit, check out a really amazing Charter school and go to church for the first time in Utah. Oh, and I had the interesting experience of running the Provo Halloween Marathon on the 30th. There were like 2500 people participating and  about 2300 of them were dressed up. The race started at the place where they do the Sundance film festival... It went from 7,000 ft to 5,000 ft. It was fun,  but very painful to recover from. The first 5 miles were down hill. I didn't dress up, in case you're wondering. It was all an excellent experience. I know Salt Lake City is where I need to go... so I'm going.... going.... gone :) Well, I'll be gone soon.

Here are some quotes from the trip:

-"What's a synonym for 'achievement'?" 
-"Exagerate."
-"No... that's definitely not a synonym for achievement."

-"What's a synonym for 'swagger'?"
-"I have no idea. I think it's one of those words that doesn't have an equal."
After my half marathon on Saturday, Zant said this:
"You need a burger."

After church on Sunday, Zant said this:
"You're like a buffer."

"Somedays I get it... everyday."

"I was in the middle of gonna clean the bathroom."

"I'd be a terrible assassin."

"I'm more than super awesome. Duh."

"Thou shalt be paranoid."

No comments:

Post a Comment